- Principal Casting: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’
- PHOTOS: How To Create The Perfect Ballerina Bun In Time For ‘Nutcracker’
- Gala 2014: Tickets Now on Sale for the Party of the Year!
- SF Ballet Nutcracker Interactive Storybook: Be The First To Download Our Brand-New Family App
- Holiday Lighting Ceremony: Come See Us TONIGHT
- Ballet 100 Feet High: How We Created ‘Nutcracker Under The Dome’!
Tag Archives: Behind the Scenes
As SF Ballet’s stage manager, I often get asked what it takes to perform this job for a theater or ballet company. Many stage managers have a degree in stage management–either a bachelor’s or a master’s. I have a degree in theater from University of Washington. At U of W, I spent three years gaining […]
It’s been a busy transition for all of us backstage as we begin the season, going from the gala performance on Wednesday night into Swan Lake, which opened on Saturday. The cues for calling a full-length ballet like Swan Lake aren’t necessarily complicated, but they do require a lot of concentration to match-up the stage […]