- Festive Playlist: Our Dancers’ Favorite Holiday Songs
- Principal Casting: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’ [UPDATED]
- PHOTOS: How To Create The Perfect Ballerina Bun In Time For ‘Nutcracker’
- Gala 2014: Tickets Now on Sale for the Party of the Year!
- SF Ballet Nutcracker Interactive Storybook: Be The First To Download Our Brand-New Family App
- Holiday Lighting Ceremony: Come See Us TONIGHT
Author Archives: Elana Altman
soloist with San Francisco Ballet.
By Elana Altman | Published: May 9, 2013
“It’s been such an honor growing up on this Opera House stage. It is never easy to say goodbye, but the time has come. Thank you to the amazing audience for all your years of support!” -Elana Altman, SF Ballet Soloist Up next, Elana is attending a Master’s program in Italy at the University […]
By Elana Altman | Published: July 25, 2012
Yoga has been a significant part of my life for about 8 years now. It has been monumental in balancing my mind and body throughout the strenuous performance seasons. Recently, I decided I wanted to go deeper and learn how to teach others the healing powers of yoga–this lay-off I retreated to a serene […]
By Elana Altman | Published: September 26, 2011
“I want to give you something to remember Paris by…” Those were the words of Helgi Tomasson right before he promoted me to soloist on the last day of our 2005 tour to Paris. He was right, I’ll never forget that moment or that tour. While not every tour has affected me so significantly, each […]
By Elana Altman | Published: February 1, 2011
The role of Myrtha in Giselle is one of the most challenging and demanding roles that I have ever performed. Myrtha is the Queen of the Wilis (girls who have died of broken hearts). To attain Queen status, I wonder if Myrtha’s heart was broken the worst, or if she was the first, or if she was a […]