Principal Casting for SF Ballet’s Giselle (Program 1)

PRINCIPAL CASTING FOR SAN FRANCISCO BALLET’S

GISELLE (Program 1)

Approved

SF Ballet in Tomasson’s Giselle (copyright Erik Tomasson)

Casting from January 25 – February 2, 2014

*Denotes premiere in role
+premiere in Tomasson’s production

In the event of injury or illness, casting is subject to change

SATURDAY, JANUARY 25—8:00 PM—OPENING NIGHT

GISELLE
Choreographer: Helgi Tomasson
Composer: Adolphe Adam, with additional music, orchestrations and arrangements by Friedrich Burgmuller, Ludwig Minkus, and Emil de Cou
Conductor: Martin West

Giselle: Yuan Yuan Tan
Albrecht: Davit Karapetyan
Hilarion: Ruben Martin Cintas
Myrtha: Sofiane Sylve

SUNDAY, JANUARY 26 – 2:00PM

GISELLE
Choreographer: Helgi Tomasson
Composer: Adolphe Adam, with additional music, orchestrations and arrangements by Friedrich Burgmuller, Ludwig Minkus and Emil de Cou
Conductor: Martin West

Conductor: Nicolette Fraillon

Giselle: Sarah Van Patten
Albrecht: Luke Ingham
Hilarion: Pascal Molat
Myrtha: Frances Chung

Share with Friends!
This entry was posted in Casting. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

13 Comments

1. avatar Barbara Witte
    Posted January 22, 2014 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Why is casting posted only on SFBallet’s Blogpage
    instead of being available more logically with programs?

2. avatar Peggy Rust
    Posted January 24, 2014 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Agree about the inconvenience of casting only on the blog. Users aren’t directed to the blog until several days after casting actually appears there, so those who don’t know to look at the blog don’t know that casting is already available. Hope this gets fixed soon.

3. avatar Hdauterive
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 12:22 am | Permalink

Why did you send an email announcing casting yesterday only to change it today? I purchased tickets specifically to see a certain artist, and now she is no longer performing on that night (and I of course can’t change the tickets…or buy new ones given the price I paid for the original ones).

4. avatar Brittany Cvancara
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 10:38 am | Permalink

I am disappointed because the casting has changed since last week. I wanted to see a specific dancer as Giselle, waited until this posted last week and got my tickets (at $80 a piece). Now, she is dancing on different nights. Why post the first list if it is either not final or not correct?!? I hope I can switch nights this late in the game.

5. avatar J
    Posted January 25, 2014 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Please consider just outright removing the casting link on your page. It has not been used since the end of season last year and it may be easier to just make a note on the Programs page to refer to the blog for casting. To be clear, this is not to support the idea of the casting remaining here. I haven’t liked this change at all and miss the casting being where it used to be. The only benefit to this, and the word benefit is used with hesitation, is that the blog is linked to on the Ballet’s iPhone app. In summation, if this is where the casting will be from now on, just remove the casting link from the main site’s list or reroute it to http://www.sfballetblog.org/category/casting/. I won’t pretend to like it, but it help to know for most up to date casting to just look at the blog and bypass the main site altogether.

6. avatar Lisa Keith
    Posted January 27, 2014 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

I agree with Barbara….

7. avatar Aji
    Posted January 27, 2014 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

I bought two tickets after confirming casting.
    I had waited until casting announced.
    BUT CHANGED!! WHY?
    I wanna cancel.
    Pay back my hard earned money, please!
    I feel I am deceived.

8. avatar Kurt R.
    Posted January 28, 2014 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Pretty amusing how people are commenting on here in distress about casting changes after purchasing tickets.

Dancers are human and are susceptible to illness, injury and other matters. Often times, this results in casting changes, whether they be in advance or right before the shows. It’s not rocket science.

9. avatar Aji
    Posted January 28, 2014 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

>Kurt,

Is anybody injured?
    I don’t know why the casting is changed so I’m outraged.
    I haven’t heard the reason at all.

10. avatar Open Studio 455
    Posted January 28, 2014 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Hello! Due to dancer injury, casting had to be shifted last minute. We appreciate your understanding and hope you enjoy Giselle!

11. avatar Aji
    Posted January 28, 2014 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

Who’s injured?

12. avatar herminator65
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Well said, Kurt. I thought the same thing about the posters who were outraged about the casting changes after purchasing tickets. It always clearly states In the event of injury or illness, casting is subject to change. And how would they feel at the Opera House just before the curtain rises that a casting change is announced????

13. avatar Aji
    Posted January 31, 2014 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Who’s injured? I just want to know accurate information. The announcement seems vague for me. I took the trouble to visit here from an Asian country for seeing a specific dancer. I have to go back to my country without seeing the dancer but I felt sorry for the person who is injured.

One Trackback

1. […] PS: Froustey has been cast as Giselle and Messmer as Myrtha in the Sunday 1/26 matinee and the Friday 1/31 evening performances. Casting here. […]